Responsible for cleaning the buildings, removing debris, and keeping areas neat and tidy.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Clean buildings by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Move heavy equipment and furniture.
- Complete the cleaning report to maintain proper follow-up and control
- Make sure that all safety signs needed are in place when the floor is wet, etc.
- Other duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor
- High School Degree or GED
- Janitorial experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions
Must be able to work Wednesday through Saturday from 6:00am to 4:30pm
The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to fifty pounds.
Typical Work Conditions:
Person will work in the office and Warehouse areas. Work environment subject to odors and dust.